Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Alice Doesn't Work at Wells Fargo Anymore

This is a true story. I feel compelled to tell my readers that what I write is real because there is so much on the internet and in broadcast media that is fake or framed in such a way as to make many people skeptical of what they read or see or even hear. I also know that people who claim to be real truth tellers can be liars. I am not one of them.

A few years ago I was having considerable difficulty in getting a real estate deal closed. The mortgage lender worked at Wells Fargo which had an office in Key West. I made several phone calls to the lender who I will refer to as "Alice".  She did not return my calls. Key West is a small town. I drove to the bank to see if I could find out where Alice was and when she would return. I entered the bank and saw Alice sitting behind behind the glass wall in her office.  She was quickly moving her mouse about while looking at her computer screen.  I used my cell phone to call her to announce my presence. She picked up the phone, looked at the caller ID, and put the phone back on her desk.  Undeterred, I went inside her office to discuss our deal. While I was not happy having been ignored, I had the upper hand with her. She knew I knew she had been bad. Very bad. I didn't raise a fuss. I got her to take care of business. End of story.

I never got over that. I never sent her any more business. A year ago or so I was discussing some real estate deal with a fellow agent. We have known each other for over twenty years. One thing led to another when he told me about the time he went to Wells Fargo to find out why Alice wasn't responding to his phone calls. He could see her at her desk looking at the computer. He called her from outside her office. He watched her not answer the phone. He said he tore into the office and gave her a piece of his mind. He never used Alice again.  

Bad conduct one time can be excused to some extent. Twice, it is a pattern.  Third time it is a management issue. I don't know if there was a third time. I do know that Alice doesn't work at Wells Fargo anymore.

3 comments:

Joseph Graham said...

Great little story, Sir. This story is fully in keeping with every experience I've ever had with Wells Fargo going back 30 years. I don't use them, but some of my clients do. Can't seem to get away from them. I'm sure there's SOMEBODY working there worth their salt. There must be. But I've never met one. Then again, I've only been looking for 30 years...

Johnny McNeil said...

So that's the reason.
Shocked at Humble IT Support, Managed IT Services, Cyber Security, VoIP, Cloud

Gary Thomas said...

I did several deals with this woman. But that episode soured the relationship. Nevermore.

As for Wells Fargo, every deal has been horrible. One buyer used his relationship in San Francisco. I thought it might be different. It wasn't.

The underwriters make each deal hell for the borrower. I guess they are trying to ensure their prior sins won't get repeated by missing verification of some meaningless document.

Let me share this. I bank at First State Bank in Key West. I have since 1993. I can't deposit a check without getting approval from a manager. I have more than six figures on deposit. Makes no sense to me. Maybe Alice went to work for First State Bank.

Gary

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell