Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

True Key West Real Estate Related Stories in the Time of Covid-19

Not the Real Protagonist of My Story
DISCLAIMER: If you are offended by references to GAY MEN, Go Away Now!

I bought my house in the Casa Marina Area of Key West in 1995. It had a nice one bedroom apartment at the side which was completely separated from the main house. It had a separate gated entrance and provided total social distancing between me and whoever might live there in the future.  I loved the prospect of having someone pay a part of the cost of ownership of my house.

Shortly after I moved in the tenant I inherited moved away.  I painted the place and made it ready for someone new. Mind you, I was not a Realtor then and did not appreicate the laws of renting. 

I put an ad in the Key West Citizen, our local newspaper.  I quickly got several phone calls and showed the property to potential renters. Then I got a call from a man who asked a lot of questions about the property. He said he was an accountant and was looking for an apartment for a new employee. We set up an time for him to look at the place. The man came with his new employee - a muscular young blond boy that did not look like any accountant I ever envisioned. But the old guy looked as dufuss as any old guy could look and seemed legitimate enough.  I think the young guy said he was from Ohio or someplace like that. I required first, last, and security deposit up front. The old guy paid. End of story. Not quite.

A coupld of months later the young guy called me and asked if it would be okay for his girlfirned to stay for a short time. I asked how long and he said a couple of weeks. Your home is your home, so okay, I said.

A few weeks later I was working in the side yard near his entrance attending to palm trees when the young guy was in the yard wearing very short shorts doing what I will call muscle tricks with another stunning dark haired boy of statuesque build. They were being boys but they were men - of sorts. They were of an age to be men but looked and acted like boys.  All quite complicated. They were quite amazing. Mind you, this was 1996, long before the aesthetic muscle rage took place.

I can't recall exactly what happened next exept to report that I had a roommate who told me the accountant boy was actually a male stiripper at a gay bar on Truman Avenue - except he was not gay. My roommate said he heard the girlfieind scream out atoudn 4:00 AM or so each morning after her BF came home an took out his gay age on her.She was not being raped. She was being pleasured.

I don't recall what happened but the boy accountant and his girlfriend left. I kept the deposit. I had to clean the apartment. And I never got to see that kid perform. My roommate said he saw BF naked in yard. It was monotonous.

I later found out the "accountant" owned the strip bar.  He had to be accustomed to bad boys doing bad things. I guess girls and women love bad boys. So do gay men. Or many of them. Others look and lust and look the other way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a most recent story. November of 2019. Three classy woman from a north eastern state made their annual pilgrimage to KW for International powerboat races. I knew one of them (sorta related in an odd way). I invited all three over to my old town house for drinks, then I was to play tour guide. Well one showed up way early, and sat on my porch w me enjoying a cocktail. One thing led to another, and instantly we were naked, kissing. Well the other two showed up, but unbeknownst to them they were followed by a local lesbian who thought they were also. While we are on the porch, all three now show up in my drive, in a verbal cat fight. Needless to say it made for an eventful “tour guide” night. I love Key West.

Gary Thomas said...

And that is why we love Key West!

21lk said...

There are gay men in Key West? You never told me that when I was purchasing my home. I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you. :) Thank you for sharing the story, I always enjoy

Anonymous said...

Love it. Were 3 battling in driveway gay? We’re you w same sex? I wanna know.....this is an open end soap opera missing some details, I love the spice....I love Key West....

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell