Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Julia

 

A few weeks ago I saw the trailer of Julia on HBO. I knew in an instant it would be must see tv for me. I binged the first two episodes and have been seen all four as of now. 

I was a Publix on Friday afternoon. I was waiting for the bagger to load groceries. The clerk asked "What are your plans this afternoon? " I played along. I said I would probably watch something on Netflix. He said something and then I asked "Do you have HBO?"and suggested he watch Julia. He had a puzzled look on his face. I said Julia Child. He still did not get it. Of course he didn't. He is too young to get anything before the iPhone. 

Julia Child introduced French cooking to American television audiences in the1960s and offered us a classy alternative to diners, drive-ins, and dives  

A few months ago I had dinner at Prime Steakhouse. The server was a beautiful girl with flowing blonde hair. She was so sweet - I told her she reminded me of Phoebe. She, too, had a puzzled look on her face. I said Phoebe from Friends. I was binge watching Friends at the time. That show ran from 1994 to 2004. My server was in her twenties. Of course she didn't know Phoebe or Friends


 





 



No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell