Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Everybody wants a deal. This is a really Big Deal. 408 Grinnell Street is brand new construction -not a renovation! The 3 bed/4 bath home is a GE Smart Home with all the extras -9 and 10 foot ceilings - coffered & cathedral, reclaimed heart pine floors and walls, 10'' baseboards with corner bullets and crown molding, Andersen impact-resistant windows & doors, professional landscaping, custom pool, off-street parking, Chicago brick drive and pathways. The kitchen will delight with custom cabinets, granite, top-of-the-line appliances including built-in plate warmer. All four baths are luxury stone tile with high-end fixtures. Unlike older homes, this home has spacious rooms and walk-in closets. This is a tremendous opportunity to buy a truly finished product in a great Old Town location at about 1/2 of its original price in 2005 when it was completed and offered at $2,750,000. This home is now Bank Owned. It is now offered at $1,461,900 or $590 per sq ft for new quality construction in the heart of Old Town.
CLICK HERE for additional neighborhood pics and pics of the house and pool.
The builder did everything right on this house. I showed this house several times and I couldn't find anything not to like. The problem was not the house but the lingering uncertainty about the market made it a difficult sale. The houses on either side are just beautiful. The houses across the street are historic and have not been updated like the next door neighbors. The biggest downside of the property is its proximity to the corner of Eaton and Grinnell. Paradise Cafe is across the street and on the corner for those who can't quite place the location. And there is a house across the street and up two doors that needs to be redone. It will. Someday.
If you are a boater the Historic Key West Seaport is about a five minute walk. No parking issues to deal with. Duval is also about a five minute walk. If you get hungry and need a great sandwich Paradise Cafe is across the street. And if you want a dining experience you only have to walk one block to Azur. Of course Michael's and Mangia Mangia are close by as well.
CLICK HERE for more information and photos of this property. Interested? Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Don't wait. It will not last long at this price.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Compound Investment -- Key West
- Key West Writer's Compound Cottages For Sale -- Hi...
- Bank Owned REO in Key West
- Who Do You Trust?
- 709 Bakers Lane Key West Open House
- 408 Grinnell St. Old Town Half-Price Sale
- Water-Blogged in Key West
- 917 United Street Key West, Florida
- Sales in the City
- Deal or No Deal
- 728 Love Lane Old Town Key West
- Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full?
- 730 Passover Lane -- Affordable & Adorable!
- Ripe for the Picking Casa Marina Oceanfront Key We...
- April 2008 Real Estate Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.