Monday, February 23, 2009
There are some magic moments in Key West, but there is no magic in the world of bank owned homes. For some reason kitchen appliances, light fixtures, ceiling fans, pool equipment and even air conditioners seem to disappear from most bank owned properties.
There is a new listing at 1130 Royal Street (located at the far end of upper Windsor Lane by St. Mary's Catholic Church) that is a bank owned house. The asking price is only $325,000 for this clean little two bedroom one bath cottage of 751 sq ft. The price per sq ft is a mere $433. The lot is 3430 sq. ft. CLICK HERE to read what the listing agent has to say about this property and view current photos.
It appears that the kitchen appliances and the wall unit air conditioners disappeared from this house. (See photo directly above that shows house with appliances and how it looks now.) No big deal, I guess. But there was a big ole' swim spa and outside kitchen that also vanished. (See photo above!) They are gone. But whoever removed left expensive stuff left the smoke alarms. But they took the infernal batteries. Yep, it's BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! (You have to read my blog regularly to get this one.)
Forgetting that nonsense, this house will take a few thousand dollars to put it back together. But not that many. Look at two of the neighboring homes. CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE to see the house across the street to the north and northeast respectively. The house next door to the west is on the market at just around $2 million. This is a good location and the house is priced very competitively for this market.
I've shown 1130 Royal Street twice since it was listed on February 19th. Other Realtors are doing the same. This house is cute and priced right even if is missing parts of the kitchen. If you are looking to find a cute place at a cheap price, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am confident that this house will be under contract to someone very quickly.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.