Monday, February 16, 2009
Recently listed you will find this genuine Conch House at 825 Southard Street right in the smack dab middle of Old Town Key West. This is how the listing Realtor describes this property:"Great location, bones, and footprint characterize this historic property which has tall ceilings, offstreet parking, and a capped cistern which could become a dipping pool. Built w./ Dade County Pine, this renovation project awaits your creative magic."
Back before Christmas I wrote about a nearby neighboring house at 811 Southard Street. CLICK HERE to see the very beautiful house located a couple of doors away. And 811 Southard isn't the only nearby beauty. Southard Street is rich is historic homes that have been restored to the original beauty, and there are some houses like 825 Southard Street that are crying for attention.
Many people over the years have said they would like to find a nice re-do in a good location. I normally tell buyers to be cautious about such an adventure. Because re-doing a house anywhere is time consuming and costly. But if you are a buyer aching to show off your creative nature, this house may be your ticket to the Big Show. And the asking price on this house is only $525,000.
The listing agent told me that the small cottage (CLICK HERE)at the left rear of the main house is not part of this real estate parcel. It is owned by a different party. However, she encouraged me to find a buyer who wants both houses because a two parcel contract may be possible.
CLICK HERE for more details and photos of this 825 Southard Street.
If you are looking to find a house in Key West please consider using me as your scout. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (150)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (236)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.