Thursday, February 26, 2009
I wrote about 518 William Street twice last year and urged potential buyers to look at this very well located house when it was offered as a SHORT SALE at the asking price of $875,000. Guess what: it did not sell. The then listing Realtor did tell me that the lender received a couple of low ball offers in the $300,000 range. Guess what again: it is now BANK OWNED and the new asking price is only $399,900 or $231 per sq ft.
This is how the Listing Realtor describes 518 William Street: "Old Seafaring Neighborhood located just blocks from the Harbor. Easy walking distance to Duval and K.W. Bight. Floor plan works well for extended family use. Minimal yard to maintain, small deck on right rear portion of lot. Bank Owned price set for quick sale." CLICK HERE to see a bunch of photos and get more detailed information on this property.
The house sits on a 2132 sq ft lot (20' frontage X 98' depth). The house has had several updates in the past few years and it appears to be in good condition, at least to my untrained eyes. The County property records show a new roof, new air conditioning, new floors in some rooms, and other improvements. There are two living rooms and two kitchens (that's odd!), two baths, three bedrooms plus a large sleeping loft. There is a great set of french doors that lead from the rear living room onto a deck. There is a spa and garden at the rear. There is no off street parking. And there is no room for a pool.
I think the location would be great for a second home owner who does not need a car or a pool--just a place to relax and enjoy life. The home did not appear to need any repairs. If I am right on that, any extra money a buyer spends would be on fun stuff like Tommy Bahama Furniture or local art.
Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing on 518 William Street. You may be pleasantly surprised.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.