Monday, March 23, 2009
This distinctive Mid Century house at 3533 Flagler Avenue is bank owned and it has been on the market for quite a while. It was previously listed with a real estate agent in Miami. I've carped about them carpetbaggers before coming down here and listing homes in Key West. They join one of the Monroe County association of Realtors and start to list houses as if one house is like another. Well, it did not sell and it was put in a national auction. It didn't sell there, either. It was recently listed by a local Realtor and this is what that Realtor says: "Great family or shared home in New Town.,Key West, Florida. Spacious 3/3 with dip pool. Downstairs are a bedroom and bath, laundry room, large kitchen/dining area and living room. Multiple French doors provide lots of light and great views leading to tropically landscaped side/rear yards. Upstairs there are two bedrooms each w/ private baths and a comfortable deck overlooking pool and gardens. Rear yard is very private with beautiful, mature palms. The dip pool is uniquely shaped and a perfect size to cool off with friends on a warm tropical afternoon. There is plenty of parking on street and off street, front yard is paved to allow for vehicles and play. Large front porch, sit & relax and watch the world go by. Repairs needed. Foreclosure."
CLICK HERE to read more of the info in the mls and see 22 photos of the house and grounds. The previous agent had one pic.
I think this house would make a great family home. The front, side, and rear yards are big. The lot is 5000 sq. ft. and that means room for the family to actually enjoy the outside. The rear yard and pool are dramatic and really sexy. The place needs some spiffing up, but it will come back. The prior owner obviously loved this house. They put in a new kitchen and made several nice improvements to the property. There is a Romeo & Juliet balcony off the master bedroom that looks down to the pool.
If you are looking for a good sized house (1658 sq. ft.) at a good price, $332,900 or only $201 per sq ft, checkout this Bank Owned property. Get out that pencil and sharpen it. You might actually get a pretty good deal on this one.
CLICK HERE to search the real Key West Association of Realtors mls database. No one will call you or track you on the Internet--not even me. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in this house or any other property in Key West. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc., an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (152)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.