Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I've noticed several "For Sale By Owner" signs in the area near the gym I go to. One caught my eye the other day and I decided to share two photos with you. See above.
My purpose is not to try to find a buyer for this property or to dissuade anyone from looking at it. I will tell you this much: the asking price on this 1254 sq ft house that sits on a large 7830 sq ft lot (90' x 87') is now $750,000 or one half the original price of $1,500,000.
I just did a quick search of other houses listed for sale in the Old Town, the Meadows, and the Casa Marina areas that are priced up to $750,000. CLICK HERE to view the list. (I did some "heavy" editing. There were 82 houses in this price range.)
You will note that there are two houses on the list (529 Olivia and 726 Fleming) that have valuable transient rental licenses. I wrote earlier at 715 Ashe Street. I think it could be a great house for somebody who wants a small project house. 407 Catherine is adorable and the owner is looking to sell it. 706 Chapman Lane is as cute as a button and has room for a pool. 1016 James Street is an eyebrow house that needs total renovation, but it has an existing out building and a large backyard which means this could be a great project house if you get it for a good price. 618 Petronia Street has a huge rear yard which opens the property to potential development possibilities. 723 Southard Street is a real sleeping beauty. 825 Southard Street is a great big old place that needs total redo, but it has strong bones and great curb appeal.
1009 Watson Rear sits behind other houses located on Watson Street. You cannot see the property. So it is really hidden. Livable as is, but it is not a protected house so it can be demolished and a new house built on this incredible lot. Easy to show and worth looking at. The house next door at 1007 Watson is a short sale. I think we should look at both houses at the same time. Bring your imagination.
719 Windsor Lane is the former home of writer John Hersey and is located in the Writer's Compound. I wrote about this house last year. CLICK HERE. I've shown the property several times, mostly to writers want to soak in the atmosphere that populates this compound. The owner sold the small cottage I mentioned in my earlier blog. So it is now time to sell the main house.
If any of these properties appeals to you, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing. I don't think a property has be offered at half price to be considered a good deal.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Two-Fers on Peacon Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town Key West - Short Sale...
- Fore! - Thought - Key West Golf Club
- Her Dog Ate Her Homework & She Didn't Get the Memo...
- The Key West Bank Dick - Part Two
- Half-Price in Key West
- The One that Got Away!
- Casa Marina - Short Sale - Do It Your Own Way
- 1119 Von Phister Sreet - Key West - Bank Owned
- Verry Interesting!
- 604 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- Oh, Dear!
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank ...
- 800 Elizabeth - Old Town Key West Renovation Proje...
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Eyebrow ...
- April Sales Recap for Key West
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.