Monday, February 8, 2010
What a Difference a Year and a Gay Make !
Way back on January 12, 2009 I wrote a new blog entry on 1212 Olivia Street. CLICK HERE to read what I said then. The property was a newly listed bank owned house in Old Town Key West that was priced to sell at $599,900. I showed that house twice the day it was listed, and other agents were there right along with me at both showings. Someone had removed the kitchen and did some minor damage by removing bathroom sinks. But that house had a wonderful rear yard and large pool that more than made up for the inconvenience and cost to repair and replace things that were missing. That house went under contract within seven days of being listed and closed within 3 months for just $540,000. CLICK to see sold listing data.
The new owners engaged a local gay duo that "do" houses very well. Within a matter of months the place was spiffed up and made even better than before.
I received a phone call yesterday about this house. The gentleman mistakenly thought I wrote the blog in 2010, not 2009. I explained the house sold within days of being listed and told him know what a good deal he missed. I later recalled that I had received several other phone calls and emails on this particular property during the past few months.
I drove past 1212 Olivia Street earlier today. Right below you will see a photo I took today that proves my point about what a difference a year and a gay (duo) make. The guys that did the interipr dod a terrific job. I'm sorry to report I don't have any photos, however.
If you are thinking of buying a house in Key West You can search the official Key West Association of Realtors mls website by CLICKING HERE. If you see something you like, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. Our office is the exclusive lower Florida Keys affiliate of Christie's Great Estates.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 903 Thomas Street - Key West Charmer !
- 707 Washington Street - Casa Marina area - Short S...
- Just Listed - 1412 White Street - Casa Marina Area...
- 1115 South Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- How to Buy Real Estate in Key West
- 623 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West Charmer...
- 1120 Packer Street - Key West
- 210 Golf Club Drive - The Sanctuary - Bank Owned ...
- Valentine's Day Open Houses Key West
- Delightful Key West Conch Cottage - 813 Frances St...
- 1012 James Street - Old Town - Key West
- Another One Bites the Dust - Key West
- What a Difference a Year and a Gay Make !
- Open House - Sunday - 1502 Petronia St. - Key West...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Key West
- Don't Get Shut Out of Key West !
- Size Matters - Key West - Short Sale
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.