Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

1120 Catherine Street, Key West - a Potential Renovtion Project


1120 Catherine Street is located in the Old Town area South of Truman in Key West. I checked the Historic Sanborn Fire Maps and learned that this property first appeared on the 1912 map. The Monroe County Property records show the house as having been built in 1948. I feel pretty confident this house is much older. The house on the Sanborn map looks identical in size and location as the existing house. I then looked in my old shoe box and found a photo ( black and white below) taken a little over half a century ago. Note the faux stone exterior. This was probably added to what I assume was a wood frame house.  I represented a buyer of a nearby home which had the same faux stone applied over original wood siding. My buyer learned that his faux facade was applied in the 1950s. I mention this because a new owner might want to remove the faux stone from this house in a future renovation. I think this home could make a wonderful renovation project which I will discuss below.
The listing Realtor, Andrea Weitz and Century 21 Schwartz Realty, describes 1120 Catherine Street this way:
"This 4 bedroom 2 bath house of Indian Block construction w./ high ceilings is located on a large 6,158 Old Town lot adjacent to White St. This property is in X zone which does not require flood insurance. Listed at appraised value."
I am going to add some interior photos just so you can see the ceiling height. I am confident a new owner will do a substantial interior renovation at the least. While the house is fairly large, I believe it could be expanded to provide larger bedrooms, more baths, and a more modern interior room layout for the way we live our lives today. The interiors are in good condition that do not require renovation. The large lot size provides opportunity to expand if a new owner wants to go that route. If I am correct that the faux stone was added over original wood siding, a new owner could seek permission to restore wood siding as a part of a renovation project. The faux stone looks great. New wood would change the look and provide a look that is in keeping with other homes in the area.There is plenty of room for a pool. There already is ample off street parking located on the right side of the house.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and more quality listing photos. 1120 Catherine Street is offered at $720,000 or $487 per sq ft. The 6158 sq ft lot adds a huge amount of value a casual looker may overlook. A new owner has so many possibilities with this property. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to schedule a private viewing. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell