Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2018

17156 West Bonita Lane, Sugarloaf Key Florida

I broke one of my real estate rules this past week and I am pleased to say I am glad I did.  I did not do anything inappropriate.  Instead I only left the island of Key West and ventured up to Sugarloaf Key to show houses to a potential buyer. I consider it a big no-no to go outside my sphere of knowledge because I am just not familiar with all of what goes on just 17 miles from Old Town Key West.
Readers in New York or New Jersey probably would not consider a seventeen mile drive anything at all. I am sure most are used to daily commutes on a train of seventeen minutes or longer. I consider having to drive three miles to the grocery store a hardship. The drive to this house took us about twenty minutes from the time we crossed Cow Key Channel, the waterway that separates Key West for Stock Island Key.
We met the listing agent at the front of 17156 West Bonita Lane and then walked the property before going inside and later returned to the water's edge. I was just captivated by the beauty of this lot and the setting.  I don't boat nor fish, but I can completely understand why people would want to own a place like this. Let's look some photos of the inside and then I will discuss the property further.
This 1320 square foot home has been recently renovated. It has three bedrooms, two baths, a new kitchen and two new bathrooms. It sits on 12,500 square foot lot on a canal that leads directly to the deep fishing waters of the Atlantic Ocean. There is a tiki hut and outdoor shower located at the water side plus a ladder for getting back onto the dock after swimming in the canal. People come to Key West from all over the country to tickle lobsters and grab stone crabs during the limited season this is permitted. As owner of this home you could go out back, grad your dinner, and have an al fresco seafood feast.
There is covered parking under the house. There is a partial enclosure under the house. This area has knock away walls and is not usable for living space. During the renovation new wind impact resistant windows were added to the house. That means you won't have to put up or close shutters, and more importantly, your wind storm insurance will be much lower. There is plenty of room for a pool at rear or side of the lot.
Imagine sitting in the hammock at waters' edge looking up to the sky. This could be your casa bonita.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West MLS datasheet and to view more photos of 17156 West Bonita Lane on Sugarloaf Key, Florida. Offered at $739,000.  Then please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to schedule a showing. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let's take that hammock for a test ride.


No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell