Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2019

Let Pythons Be Pythons but Not in Key West


I sold a really cute house in located in the Old Town area of Key West  to a couple from a Mid-Atlantic state a couple of years ago.  They hired a local architect to design a renovation for them. The architect marshaled the project through our Historic Architectural Review Commission and got approval for a stylish update including the addition of a pool in the back yard.

Demolition of the interior started several months ago. The new owners were recently in town and invited me over to see what has happened so far. I was really impressed. What once was is no more. New interior framing replaced the old rooms and sagging floors. An interior stairway was added to the very large attic space which created a good-sized bedroom, bath, and laundry area. The ceiling in the back addition was vaulted creating a whole new living area which will look out to the garden and pool.

As I walked from the back of the lot toward the rear addition the lady mentioned that the workers had recently captured a python in the backyard - right where I had been standing. Ekes! They then told me the workers called animal control who came over, captured the creature, and took him (or her) away. I said I had never heard of a python in Key West. They said the animal control person thought it was a pet that may have escaped or that the owner let it go free.
I have written before about people who move here and get a dog or cat because they are lonely and don't know anybody. I understand how petting a dog or cat could comfort just about any person. But not a python.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ. My girlfriend most definitely loves to pet my python!

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell