Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2020

but like Horton the Elephant...

 

I follow several Key West Realtors who post pictures of their listings and their amazing lives on Instagram. Some boast of the real estate exploits and the things they have purchased with their commission checks.

Last year, I must admit, one Realtor got me in a snit!  He put up a post thanking a real estate closing attorney we all use, profusely thanking him for a giant box of candy delivered to his office at Christmas.  

Later that day and for several days thereafter, I went to the front desk at our office expecting to find a similar business gift acknowledging all the business we sent his way. I guess the attorney forgot us. It may sound petty on my part, but like Horton the Elephant 

“I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!” 

But the real estate attorney is not.


 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor baby. After splits and cuts, netting 10 or 20,000$ commission checks. Let’s have a pity party

Gary Thomas said...

Hey Dude, I do not expect anything from any vendor or professional I send business to. I do appreciate competent service and fair treatment of my customers. I also appreciate fair and equal treatment from vendors and professionals with whom our office deal. We sell a lot of homes in Key West. I don't care if I do not get anything, but I do notice when others are treated as though their business is more favored.

As for you as a reader, please accept this as my piece of coal from me to you in recognition of your unkind comments.
Gary

Anonymous said...

Those commission checks in Key West are FAR north of those numbers.

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell