Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2021

"I HOPE YOU DIE!"

"I HOPE YOU DIE!"

That is how part two of the three part conversation ended. The first part started this way...

About five months ago I bought a new iphone and switched carriers from AT&T to TMobile. TMobile advertised it had the fastest 5G in most places. I wanted good and reliable phone service. I bought their bate and switched. 

I soon learned my iphone did not work at my house. I live in the Casa Marina area of Key West. Big lots, open sky, not a lot of people. I had to stand outside of my house to talk on it. I had to stand in a specific spot and face south so that the person on the other end of the phone could hear me. If I turned a different direction or moved a few feet the connection would get messed up. That went on for about three months. I went to the Tmobile store where I bought the phone. I spoke to the manager who tried to help. He messed around with the phone and then confessed other customers in the Casa Marina area had similar connectivity issues meaning their phones did not work there either. Why the F$$$ didn't the salesman tell me my iphone might not work at my house. It works at my office and around town but not where I live.

I own a large house with a small guest unit which I have rented for as long as I have owned the house. Over the years I have had several different cable TV and internet providers. Comcast Cable is the most recent. It now calls itself Xfinity. The tenant in guest unit was having problems with her internet service. She called Xfinity who sent over a technician to fix her internet connection.

After fixing the tenant's internet and TV connection, the technician came to my house to announce he disabled my service to correct hers. This was on a Friday afternoon.This tech was no ordinary guy. He was a tall blonde and very cute guy who I will just call THOR. He suggested that I call Xfinity to send a different person to install a new line to my house. I asked him to install it while he was still there. He said he could not because that was not a part of his work order. He was so cute and charming that I could not be mad at him. I did, however, get Thor to call Xfinity to set up an appointment. I went the weekend without TV or the internet.

Mike from Xfinity arrived on Monday. I explained what happened. I told him that THOR had disabled my system to fix the tenant's system. Mike shook his head knowingly when I told him THOR was the technician. Mike said he remembered installing the entire system years earlier. Mike spent two hours at my house. He tested all the TVs and internet. Everything worked. He left. A couple of days later nothing worked. I followed prompts on my computer to take wires out and reboot. I did this ten times a day for about four months. It worked after a fashion but was exasperating. I pay $267 per month for TV and internet which works sometimes. I bought new cables.That did not fix the problem. I bought a brand new DELL and paid to have it installed. I have reboot it several times a day.  A week before Christmas and all through my house, not thing works like it should.

I am leading to a point. 

For some reason my iphone has perfect tele-connectivity with robo calls. We all get robo calls to sell us unwanted car maintenance programs, insurance, solicitations to support the state patrol, and more. As a real estate salesman I get targeted calls from people claiming to represent Google, Facebook, and Microsoft offering to help me boost by sales by using their companies. Sometimes I listen and then politely tell them I am not interested. Other times I hang up. 

Part two started on a hot and humid Friday afternoon after a day of dealing with my computer. I got a phone from a call some town in New York. A woman's voice mentioned Zillow and also my company's name. She said I had not responded to her email. I knew I had not received any email and decided she was a fraud. I blew up and told her not to call me again and yelled a profanity at her. 

A few minutes later I got a phone call also from New York but from a different number. I answered the phone only to hear a man say something like "Who the hell are you to talk to my wife like that?". He continued to bark. I understood I made a huge mistake. I tried to explain. He ordered me to shut up. He was talking. I listened.

He said his wife called me to discuss listing their house for sale. I knew in a split second that would  never work. I told him I was not interested. He blew up even more. He shouted at me for a minute or two and told me he would do his best to ruin my name in Key West. He ended the conversation by shouting "I hope you die!"

Part three. I have a Zillow account which includes emails from potential customers. Zillow does not forward emails to my regular email. That night I checked my Zillow account and found an email from the lady in New York. I sent her an email explaining what happened and offered my profound apology. I still did not want the listing. There could never be any level of trust from them toward me. 

I offer this tale to readers who may be tempted to tell robo callers to do something foul to themselves. Don't. 


 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well another silly cable story.
Built house new in 2010. Thought what the heck, new home, might as well get television. (I am anti boob tube).
I called KW Comcast on a Monday morning and set appt for next day.
Next day came, and next, and next. Finally received a call from Comcast friday afternoon close of business. They asked if we will be home Saturday morning for technician to stop and install tv cable.
We said no, and no for next 11 years. We still don’t have television. Key West has enough drama.

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell