Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2021

Key West Renters & Owners Who Knew We Were Coming...

... but didn't care.


Below are photos I took while showing rental apartments and investor owned homes offered for sale in Key West  All tenants were notified in advance their places would be shown on a particular day and time. 

A mother, small daughter, and a stinky cat lived here. I specifically mention the cat because the odor lives on in my memory.
 

A large family lived in this Bahama Village rental. The listing Realtor gave them cash to leave, He and I hired cleaners to remove the heaps of crap they left and clean the filth..

The listing agent insisted this was a piece of paradise. Yeah. Paradise Lost!

I posted photos of this house before. It was owned by a former City of Key West official. He lacked organizational skills among other things.

I have shown this photo before as well. I have never gotten over how some people live. This was an illegal rental situation where multiple tenants shared a single family home. Some of the rooms were clean and tidy. This combination kitchen sink and bathroom was not one of those. 

I remember showing this place to a really nice investor couple who bought four or five places from me. The two women tenants apologized for not straightening up They were too busy with work.

This was a unit in a 4+ apartment building. Tenants in two of the apartments kept their places clean and neat. And this person less so. 

I actually remember taking this photo. Several roommates shared a single family home that was offered for sale. This renter kept everybody out. The rest of the house was in good condition so it was fair to assume that room was probably okay. But some people live like rats and you take a chance when you really can't look. And there may be no assurance that a potential hold-over tenant rat boy will leave.

My favorite Home Alone and I Don't Even Care photo is of the master bedroom with en-suite bath from hell. Some loony old lady lived in this hell hole. I showed the place in this condition. I wrote an all cash offer for a buyer who lost out to an offer written by the listing agent. 




No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell