Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Thar "almost" Sold in them thar Solares Hill
In spite of all the doom and gloom about the depressed real estate market in Key West, there are occasional bright spots. We had one over the weekend. And another office had an equally pleasing weekend as well.
I have written a couple of blogs about listings at 612 Olivia priced at
$3.2 million and 616 Olivia priced at $2.1 million. A single buyer purchased both homes over the weekend and will close within the next two weeks. I mention this because it reinforces what I previously wrote about certain segments of the market continuing to be strong. The high end homes always do well if they are in the right location.
Another big house at 620 Eaton that was originally priced at $8.5 million and reduced to $4.5 million also went under contract. That property was way over-priced when it was originally listed. It did not go down in value. There is a difference.
Another home I wrote about at 1400 Whalton that was priced at $2,995,0000 went pending yesterday. Whoever is buying this home is getting a bargain. It was under-priced so that it would sell this season. It is one of the most beautiful homes that I have ever seen. Anywhere.
I see each of these properties as a positive sign for continued positive sales opportunities for well located quality homes. Now, if the rest of the market would follow.
If you are looking to purchase a home in Key West, please CLICK HERE to search the mls website for all current mls listings. Then please consider giving me a call to help you find your next home, vacation home, or commercial property in Paradise. 1-305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Key West is NOT South Beach
- People Don't Listen
- Season is Over. How did the Market Do?
- Politics & Real--Estate Key West Style
- Dazed and Confused
- Is the Sky going to Fall?
- Property Taxes
- Key West Guest Houses -- For Sale
- Where do you park your Yacht?
- Open House Sunday -- 617 Fleming Street
- Trouble (Ya Got Trouble) Fractured
- Lost and Not Forgotten
- Thar "almost" Sold in them thar Solares Hill
- How to Sell your Home in Key West
- Less Is More
- 709 Bakers Lane is a Bargain
- Holy Flipper Batman
- The Boomer Century
- April Fool's Day Open House
- ▼ April (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.