Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2014

1123 Petronia Street Key West - Affordable Old Town Residence


The listing Realtor, not me, describes the new listing at 1123 Petronia Street, Key West as a
"Great quite location in Old Town Key West. 2 Bedrooms and 2.5 Bathrooms. Walk and bike to everything.Property was completely renovated in 2007. Move in ready with room for a pool in rear. X Zone so no flooding concerns."
As I prepared to write today's blog (which is my 2001st post) I searched the old shoebox to find an old photo of the property. I looked and looked until I found one that is the house but the number on the back side shows the house either misidentified as 1121 Petronia Street or that the city changed the number at a later date (either scenario is plausible).  I took a similar shot yesterday which is 49 years after the black and white photo was taken. Don't you wish you could look that much better after 49 years in your life?
I also looked in the old Sanborn Fire Maps to see if I could determine the approximate age of the building. I did find what I believe to be 1123 Petronia Street in the 1892 map. The street number then was 723 Petronia.  Many street numbers were changed over the years.  I suspect this is one of those instances.  When you enter the house you know the place is old, but it looks nice and new at the same time.
This is a smallish home of approximately 833 sq ft divided between two floors. The main level consists of the front entry, kitchen and dining area, half bath and living room. Two sets of French doors open out to the lanai and potential pool area.  The listing agent told me the owner had plans for the construction of a pool. CLICK HERE to view all the photos I took.
Both bedrooms have private baths and nice sunny views. The front bedroom has a really sweet second floor front porch that is just awesome. What a great spot to have your morning coffee.

This single family home is about 153 sq ft larger than a typical Shipyard condo and it is priced at about the same price point.  1123 Petronia Street is offered at $599,000CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and listing photos. Then please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing.  I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. As I write this blog there are just five single family homes in Old Town priced this low or lower.  I suspect someone will snap-up this sharp listing fairly quickly. 

No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell