Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2021

Key West - The Difference Between HERE and THERE

 

Several weeks ago I was sitting on the far chair of this front porch on Elizabeth Street waiting to start a Facetime video with potential buyers. We had to delay the start because we can't always do what we want when we want. I sat there looking across the street. At this location Elizabeth is a quite narrow one-way street with parking on the west side. The highest point in Key West is located across the street and to the north - maybe 150 feet. The area was called Buzzards Roost on the old Sanborn Fire Map. That day I could hear birds just singing their hearts out. What a sweet serenade. I sat there thinking how fortunate I am to live in this place.

The photo above is symbolic of many suburban American communities. I've read people who live there sometimes have to drive around with garage door openers in hand clicking away hoping the door opener will direct the car to the correct house. I must confess I do the same thing at the grocery store. There are too many gray SUVs - they all look the same. Mine flashes its lights and beeps out "I'm Here! I'm Here!" to me.

This is Key West. This is home to about 25,000 odd people. I meant that. Who wants to live normal? Normal is the second photo from the top. Not normal is living a life on a island at the end of America in town that is less predictable in a place that is just about perfect. That is the difference between here and there. 



No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell