Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Good Deeds in the Florida Keys Indeed!


 Realtors in Key West have access to the MLS listing so of the three separate associations of Realtors in the Florida Keys. Since I rarely get off the Island of Key West and know enough not to stray too far away from properties with which I am unfamiliar, I don't concern myself with goings on elsewhere. But yesterday I clicked the Hot Sheet for the entire Florida Keys and found a sale so impressive that I decided to share with my Dear Readers. 


Palm Island, a private bayfront island located in Marathon, Florida closed on February 27, 2021 for $11,000,000. Congratulations to the listing and selling agent and the principals. We should all be so lucky. CLICK HERE for MLS details. I have nothing to do with this sale.

You can actually drive to the island via road extension located not that far from the Overseas Hiway (US 1). The four acre island includes main house, guest cottages, swimming pool, and private beach. 

I dug deep into my shoebox and found an aerial photo of Marathon Florida taken in the 1960s to which I added a check mark to show Palm Island then. Who would have imagined that sixty some years later that little island would be worth so much? That long road is the Overseas Hiway.

Marathon is located midway between Miami and Key West and has its own airport capable of receiving private jets. Marathon and Islamorada claim to have the best sport fishing in the world. Dunno about that. But they share the beautiful waters and sunny skies that make the Florida Keys so appealing. Key West happens to be where people who live on the other islands come to have fun. Just saying. 

Looking for a house in Key West? Consider calling me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let me help you find your dream home in Paradise. 


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11 million. And your in awe not only for sale price, but drooling over the realtor commission. Put your magic shoebox away, get off your behind and be a good huckster on properties that are dogs, but you want MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, and you’ll promote them for months on end. Truth be known.

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell