Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2021

Tell Ralph

Living on a small island at the end of America has its advantages in so many ways. But there are some disadvantages like keeping private matters private. I was reminded of this point yesterday as I was leaving home for my office. "Ralph" my tree trimmer, was cutting down a volunteer tree next door. A volunteer is a plant or tree that springs up out of nowhere. I was told birds poop and deposit seeds from various sources and nature takes it course. Nature created a monster tree that grew to huge proportions and then lost a limb in the wind and damaged my neighbor's roof. Good riddance. Ralph took a break to talk to me. "What about this real estate market?" and then proceeded to tell me gossip about several house deals including a big house nearby that he claimed to have the inside knowledge on. 

He has done this for years. I learned a long time ago not to tell Ralph anything because he is the town gossip. You know the saying "Telegram, Telegraph, Tell-a-Ralph!". In the days before Facebook you only needed to tell Ralph or one of several other gossip girls - either sex, same result. Sharing is caring - or Karen. 


Photo at top is not the tree and not Ralph.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’d rather have “Ralph” instead of a witch I have next door. Every time she has a broom in her mitts, I know it was meant to be....
..

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell