Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Grinnell Street Heading South


There are three ways to get to the Island of Key West - the Overseas Hiway (also known as US1), by air, boat or ferry. The Key West Ferry Terminal is located at the foot  of Grinnell Street at the historic Key West Seaport. 

Earlier this week I passed two couple walking south on Grinnell Street dragging suitcases behind them. It was a very pleasant day compared to the snow and cold I saw on television earlier that morning. I sat in my car and reviewed text and emails before heading to my next appointment.


I drove to the end of Grinnell Street - that is the Key West cemetery where there is one way in and no way out. I turned right on Angela Street and soon came upon the first couple still dragging their suitcases behind them. I drove a couple hundred feet and turned left to head down Passover Lane. Then I saw the other couple who were dragging their bags.

I figured they were heading toward one of the inexpensive no frills and no pool guest houses located on the other side of Truman Avenue. I smiled and thought how lucky the guys were to find women willing to walk half a mile dragging their bags to spend their annual vacation in a guest house far from the fun on Duval Street. They may spend their lives together doing the same thing every year.


 

3 comments:

Joseph Graham said...

"Where there is one way in, and no way out". THAT'S GOLD!

Gary Thomas said...

I am glad someone reads what i write.

I was heading to a showing yesterday morning a few minutes before 10. I stopped at the corner of Von Phister at Grinnell Street. I swear to God this is true. A guy and a young woman were draggin their suitcases behind them and heading south. Grinnell ends three blocks south where it runs into the fence abutting the tennis courts at Higg's Beach.

I should have snapped a photo. What is it about Grinnell Street that attracts such cheapskates?

Sewing OCD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell